Pages

Friday 14 September 2012

Worth the Hype: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser | Mariam

There's no need for me to re-affirm the popularity of this cleanser of the beauty world. Would you believe, it's John Lewis' top-selling product? That's right - even among the mugs and the toasters, this cleanser proves to be the most attractive product in the whole of the UK's biggest department store. No doubt, then, this cleanser holds attention.


Arguably one reason for this cleanser's popularity is it's universal appeal. Within Liz Earle's impressive skincare range, this is the only cleanser, and is marketed as being suitable for all skin types, all ages. While some people have hit back at this claim, I certainly think this is one of the only products that I would happily recommend to anyone. Dry skin, oily skin, blemished skin, mature skin, teenage skin; this product caters to all.

So how does it fare with my oily, blemish-prone skin? Well, it's fair to say that at first I was extremely apprehensive. For someone whose skincare misconceptions made them believe that cleansers for blemished skin had to be foaming, gel-like and astringent, the creamy and non-lathering concept of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish seemed alien to me.

However, there is no skin-care tip more pertinent than cleaning your skin properly and this is something that this product does better than the rest. I know that the common usage instructions are to use the cleanser on a face full of makeup. Personally, I find that there are better ways to remove the weight of my make-up, such as with regular water or cream non-rinse cleansers. Once the thick layer of my make-up is off, then I'm ready to use the Liz Earle, as my skin is more prepared to absorb the lovely ingredients that lie inside, such as the rosemary which works wonders for problematic skin. Giving time to massage the product deep into your pores also ensures a thorough cleanse; one that leaves your skin refreshed but most definitely not tight.

So, we've cleansed, but that's only 50% of now-famous 'Cleanse and Polish' claim on the bottle. This cleanser is unique as it also comes with a muslin cloth that is to be used with warm water to remove the cleanser from your face. The cloth acts to exfoliate, or polish, the skin gently, removing all final traces of make-up, dirt and the product itself. I normally like to splash my face with water after, and then I'm left with that satisfying feeling of knowing that my skin is impeccably clean and ready for any further products.

I'm sure we're all tired of hearing it, but the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish truly is a strong product, and one that I can imagine myself repurchasing for some time. Everything about it from the mild exfoliating properties to the eucalyptus smell make me happy and it's certainly a staple in my skin-care routine. Well done, Mrs Earle, your cleanser is truly worthy of a best-seller status.

Mariam xx


No comments:

Post a Comment